There are different ways to reset a user’s password in WordPress. See the following options:
1. Reset a user password through the WordPress admin
- In the Admin Panel menu, go to Users
- Click on the user you’d like to edit
- Scroll down to the New Password section and click on Generate Password. WordPress will generate a new password that you can use, or you can create your own. WordPress will indicate how strong your password is. Strong passwords are highly recommended.
- Click the Update User button to save.
2. Use the Lost Password feature
- Go to the WordPress log in page – e.g. http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php
- Click on the Lost your password? link
- You’ll be prompted to enter either the username or email address associated with the account
- A message will be sent to the users email with a link to reset the password.
- The link will go to a page with a pre-generated password. Use it or enter your own.